Attention parents of teenagers
If you have teenagers, perhaps my story resonates.
Trying to get a teenager to do anything that YOU think is a good idea is almost impossible, especially when it comes to their well-being. PLUS.....What I've learned in the past 5 years is:
1) May it seem like it was THEIR idea
2) It needs to taste like candy
3) They take it when you aren't looking so it doesn't look like they are doing what you asked them to.
As a Nutritionist, I've always been a fan of vitamins and supplements and when my kids were young, it was easier because they loved gummies. As they grew up, children's vitamins were no longer suitable and my kids weren't great at swallowing capsules and just outright refused - so what were my options?
Thankfully, SmartyPants obviously knew there was no real "in-between" option for teenagers and they developed a TEEN version of their delicious gummy vitamin. In the past, we had been using the children's version and my husband uses the MENS Formula from SmartyPants, so they were very familiar with the great taste. When I brought home the TEEN version it was very well received.
Now, don't get me wrong, the above-noted tactics are still in full effect - mostly, my daughter just takes them when SHE wants...not when I ask her to (but either way she loves them daily)
- This is a great way to get them OMEGA 3 without a fishy taste
- B12 Methylcobalamin
- Beta Carotene
- Lutein (great support for eyes that are always looking at screens!)
- The line up of immune-boosting vitamins
Thanks, SmartyPants for making this stage a little easier and healthier!