I love Omega Nutritions Coconut Oil for baking!
December 16, 2019 Report
I've been using Omega Nutrition's Coconut oil for a few years now. I especially like to use it instead of butter or other fats when I'm baking. I use the aroma free one as you don't end up with a coconut taste that can over power your baking. I also use it for frying eggs or chicken and I also add it to my coffee sometimes.
I do use the regular one too especially if I do want the extra goodness and flavor of coconut oil in my raw food balls or coconut cookies or bars.
I've included a Pumpkin Cookie recipe that I use this aroma free coconut oil in that you may wish to try sometime.
2 cups Omega Nutrition Aroma Free Coconut Oil
2 cups organic cane sugar
3 cups pureed pumpkin
3 free run eggs
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups unsulfured organic raisons
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups all purpose flour
1. Presoak raisins in 1 cup of hot water to plump them up. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
3. Place coconut oil, sugar, and egg in large bowl and mix for a few minutes until blended. Add pumpkin, vanilla, spices and raisins. Mix slowly. Add flour in one cup at a time until mixed.
4. Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 12-18 minutes at 350 degrees Farenheit.
6. Makes 60 medium sized cookies.
7. These freeze well.