Warming Adaptogenic Elixir
November 28, 2019 Report
Sharing a warming elixir that I have been enjoying daily for the last couple of weeks. It’s made with Shatavari and a couple of other adaptogenic herbs that will balance your hormones (esp. cortisol), calm your nervous stress system down and help you relax. I generally have it around 4pm when the kids come home and my stress levels are a little higher, lol!
Shatavari, also known as Asparagus Racemosus, belongs to the asparagus family. This plant is native to India and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries, especially for women's health. It is an adaptogenic herb known for its anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties. It can help to support women's reproductive health, balance hormones, lower anxiety and reduce PMS and menopausal symptoms.
Here's the recipe, hope you like it as much as I do!
· 2 cups homemade almond milk
· 2 teaspoons Shatavari powder
· 1 tablespoon Red Maca powder
· 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder
· 2 teaspoons MCT oil
· 1/2 dropper liquid stevia (from stevia leaf)
· Dash of ground cinnamon
· Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
· 1/3 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional)
1. Warm almond milk in a pot over gentle heat
2. Add all the ingredients and keep stirring until they are completely mixed
3. Add the mixture to a high-speed blender and blend for 10-20 seconds until its nice and frothy. Enjoy!!